Conor's summary of our last week or two
In drama this week is the last practice week before my play! And I am also learning about the days of creation and am doing pictures about each of the seven days along with the words in my best handwriting. We have been playing "Apples to Apples" which has been great for my vocabulary. For math I have been doing multiplication and division, lots of mental tricks to do them, practicing my times tables with bean bags. And today at the new park we went to we found a sundial and I was able to tell the time! This is also the last 2 weeks of sports class. The end.
So we have started onto a module of "Old Testament" stories as a historical, language arts, and fine arts experience, starting with the days of creation. Which is very cool on the heels of the Native American stories of creation, an interesting comparison. We are making a book of wet on wet paintings of these Thestories so every day we cover a new day painting the scene and then using the best handwriting for the text. I was entirely amused to see my son correcting the 1600 era English of the text version we were reading, and his handwriting has improved immensely.
In our math, he has become quite scary at mental math, using shortcuts that are faster than ours in multiplication and division. We still play our bean bag games to get faster at times tables. We were at the park today and discovered a sundial at this new park-he correctly told me the time and totally confused another dad and I with his explanation of how he got the answer but he was right-even calculating for daylight savings time. I am pretty sure soon I will be eclipsed by this boy, if not already.
No comments:
Post a Comment